Job Title: Farm Store & Membership Administrator
Full time/ Year Round; 40 hours paid vacation after first year 40 hour max accrued vacation annually: Bitty Fresh Eats share
Osage Gardens is a cutting edge, very highly motivated farm. We are looking for someone who can build solid, positive relationships with customers and members, is enthusiastic about food, who is an innovative self-starter and can work independently.
Under the supervision of Osage Gardens general management, the Farm Store & Membership Administrator will run all aspects of daily farm store management including: keeping shelves stocked and rotated, waiting on customers and checking them out, helping to create marketing materials, placing product orders and searching for new local products, providing lots individual communication with members regarding member accounts and training additional farm store help. Creating a great experience with the farm and cultivating customer loyalty is the primary emphasis of this position.
The store & membership administrator will be responsible to:
Keep store clean, stocked, and enticing, with attractive displays and informational signs.
Keep coolers cleaned and organized.
Give customers an enjoyable shopping experience, answering questions, offering recipe ideas, and help them to get to know the farm.
Manage inventory and keep products fresh, placing multiple orders throughout the week to ensure full shelves.
Get customers excited about our membership program, signing up new members and being a helpful resource for current ones.
Regularly report to Farm Managers on store sales, membership, customer feedback, future plans & projects, and any gaps in our retail business.
Inform members & customers about specials, events, and new products through fliers, facebook posts, updating the website, briefing all farmers market staff, and filling customers in as they come to the store.
Plan ahead for seasonal orders, weekly specials, and events at the farm, coordinating with managers and packing room as needed.
Prepare & process membership paperwork, email customers about shares.
The following are qualities we believe are vital for this position:
- Hospitality—We want all of our customers to leave the farm feeling great about the food they’ve purchased and about the business they’re supporting. You must be eager to provide a personal, friendly, informative, and encouraging shopping experience that will set us apart from other food stores.
- Initiative & Vision—You will have a lot of responsibilities in this position. We want to trust that not only will you take care of things as they come up but that you will anticipate and prepare for both problems and opportunities.
- Humility—We believe that humility and leadership go hand in hand. You must be willing to take responsibility for mistakes, work toward solutions without assigning blame, and recognize & encourage the contributions of other farm employees.
- Cheerfulness—We understand that everyone has bad days, but for the sake of your customers and your coworkers you must try to be positive about the day even when the going gets tough (either at home or on the farm).
- Communication—This is a busy farm. Good, clear, timely communication with management and coworkers is essential.
- Flexibility—Please be willing to work holidays, come in a bit early if there is a big project, and swap days with other store staff.
- Diligence—There will be times when traffic to the store is slow, but there are always things to be done. Please be eager recognize those things and to keep busy.
- Organization—There are many pieces to this position and you will need to be able to prioritize and organize tasks within each of those to ensure that the store and membership program run smoothly and that you are not asking your coworkers to scramble to cover something you have forgotten.
To apply, we encourage you to bring a resume to the Osage Gardens office at our farm just west of New Castle (36730 River Frontage Rd) as soon as possible. You may also email your resume to email@example.com.
Please note that we are no longer accepting interns or WWOOFers.